Saturday, June 02, 2007

I happened to be reading some people's blog at this rather unearthly time of mine
(usually i will in in bed or..doing something other than blog hopping.)
I was thinking about the issue on overseas education.

Why is this issue getting into so many students. It is till this rather great and influential extent
that i feel the...well i wont say the urgent need but the...push to follow suit.
I suppose this is a really selfish thought but think about it..
if the number of students leaving Singapore to complete their studies out of this island puny pathetic island is increasing, the probability of the non-overseas educated students getting a high paid job or a decent professional job would be so much lesser. hah was really feeling kinda helpless at the rate so many students are planning to go overseas. Planning for my future you see..

Back to the main topic.. i would not be shocked that in years to come, even a job like an accountant or nurse would require a certificate, certifying that one has completed a certain course in a certain university or institution overseas.
LIke i just mentioned earlier on, the whole issue of further educationing overseas is getting implanted into me. All the casual conversations i had with countless people and friends and relatives and stories i heard is having this unknown pushing effect, bringing my nearer and nearer to that aspect. The thought of prestigious university like oxford, cambridge, havard! haha hmmm many, is making me thirsty hah! i sound like a vampireee!! That is only what i dream of, defnitely not something practical or realistic. firstly, i do not have such advanced and juicy brains. secondly, it would take me a torturous time to adapt. thridly, i cant bear to leave my parents alone (my parents' age are not like any average 16 year old teen parents would be).
lastly, im timid. im carry this personalality that never dares to risk and step out of my little comfort zone. sad huh?

On the other hand, singapore's education system is killing all smart little human beings.
i do feel like a stupid guinea pig resulting from the great failure of the singapore " oh-so-perfect" education system. What's with the bilingualism policy? Everyone, even a 10 year old kid could tell that it is simply not working well as expected. Instead, it is having adverse effects.
ever heard of this canto saying :" although you have many knives, but none of them are sharp".
We are like one with many knives, but none is up to standard to slice meat or whatever.
Look at us, english? chinese? mostly, almost every suck at at least one of them. Or me, the absolute helpless and hopeless freak, who suck at both. Fancy me getting all As for my humanities, maths and sciences but a C for damn english and a B for my mother tongue. How an embarrassment and a disgrace i am to my race. While i was filling up the section of results under my DSA form, the unsightly c6 and b4 totally marred my picturesque bueatiful strings of A s and im rather pissed about that. > : (

grrrr, i'm just feeling resentful.
studying session with jingwen and jiaying tmrw. and we haven settled the venue haha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home